Have some QUESTIONS? Here are some ANSWERS!

What do I do after I create my pages?

  • First you save them as a jpeg.
  • Then you upload them to a printing source to be printed in a bound book, or you get the pages printed just like you would a photo and put them in page protectors and put them in a binder.

How much does it cost to print a book?

  • Mostly that depends on where you get it printed. My favorite printer is http://www.viovio.com/. I have printed several books and here is what my last book cost me:
    • 120 layouts (60 pages front and back)
    • 10x10 dimensions
    • Hard cover
    • $15 for the cover
    • .40 for each layout
    • $2 -$5 shipping and handling

TOTAL: $65

Does Photoshop come with paper and embellishments?

  • Photoshop doesn’t “come” with paper or embellishments. You have to acquire these separately. But don’t panic there is SO MUCH free stuff out there that you will never “have to” buy anything. And since you can use Photoshop to recolor anything just a few things turn into many.

How long does it take you to make a page?

  • Anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour, but not usually much longer than that.
  • It can be even shorter if I use a template.

What are the benefits of going digital?

  • Saves on space. Instead of having a 2-inch binder filled with pages, I have a hardbound .25 to .5-inch book.
  • It’s easy to “get out” and “clean up.”
  • I can work on my projects almost anytime and anywhere -- in the car on my laptop while my husband is driving, or while I’m waiting to pick up my kids….
  • I can change almost any digital paper or embellishment to match the colors in my pictures.
  • I can reuse a paper or embellishment as much as I want – along with changing its color and size.
  • I don’t have to actually print individual photos.
  • I don’t have to buy or store all the supplies that goes with scrapbooking: paper, ribbon, brads, stickers, chipboard, binders, page protectors, rubber stamps….etc.
  • None of my pages fall out of the top of sheet protectors.
  • It’s easy to share a page you have made with family and friends simply by emailing it to them or posting it online.

What do I do with all the scrapbooking stuff I already have?

  • Save it for school or church projects.
  • Use it to make cards.
  • Use it to make holiday decorations.
  • Let your kids craft with it.
  • Pass it along to others who can use it.

Besides scrapbooks what else can I make?

  • The possibilities are endless! I have made:
    • summer chore charts
    • personal stationery
    • birthday invitations
    • wedding/birth/shower announcements
    • framed artwork
    • thank you notes
    • calendars
    • a whole variety of hybrid projects
  • To view some of these check the slideshow in the “Hybrid and Other Samples” post.

What are some of your favorite digital scrapbooking websites?

Where do you find your fonts?

Any thing else?

  • The only other thing that I would highly recommend is getting an external hard drive to
    back up all your stuff. I would cry if my computer crashed and I lost all my work and pictures.
  • I downloaded Picasa2 free from Google. It’s just a super easy way to organize your photos and add captions to them before you scrapbook them. It does not copy all your photos into this program only indexes them.